We have two categories of paying services: General and Sight Savers. By becoming a Sight Saver you will also be contributing to the services provided free of cost to our non-paying patients.
Approximately 25-30% of services rendered to economically underprivileged people are at no cost to them
1. General Services Include :
- Complete clinical evaluation of the eye.
- Para-clinical services (microbiology and general physician services).
- Ancillary services (optical shop, pharmacy and cafeteria).
- Comfortable waiting areas.
2. Sight Savers Services :
- Dedicated telephones for appointments.
- Dedicated outpatient check-in and registration area.
- Special waiting lounges on each floor.
- Special care for in-patients.
- Each Sight Saver's generosity enables us to support one non-paying patient.
- Outpatient hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Patients are usually seen by appointment.
- Walk-in appointments are seen on a first come first served basis on all working days.
- Cataract and laser refractive (LASIK) surgeries can be scheduled in 48 hours; other surgeries within one week.
- Please come 20 minutes before the appointment time and present the appointment slip at the reception.
- Patients are allowed to bring only one attendant.
- Children below 15 years of age are not allowed unless they are patients.
- Please call us for any change in your appointment.
A normal complete eye examination will take 2-3 hours, including the waiting period. After the check-up doctors may suggest examination by other specialists, which may take 2-3 hours more.